Getting started on guitar
A very constant question is how do I get started? So let’s break it down.
BUYING A GUITAR
You want to select either an acoustic or electric guitar.
1. Acoustic guitar is in 2 styles, steel string and nylon string. Nylon string is known as a classical guitar. Steel string acoustic covers every other style, rock bluegrass blues country etc.
2. Electric guitar - For a beginner, I would recommend getting a package. That means guitar amp and tuner.
- Fender Squier Stratocaster Electric Guitar Pack-Brown.
- Fender Squier Stratocaster Electric Guitar Pack-Black.
3. Spencer Kennedy at Sweetwater is my top recommendation. He knows his stuff and can recommend cool gear whatever your price range. Sweetwater is one of the most reliable guitar store I would recommend my students.
Why choose Sweetwater? From my experience.
- Their tech support service is great. They know what they are doing.
- The guitars I ordered from them are well packed.
- Guitars are tested, passed their 55-point inspection and ready to play.
- Their website shows the pictures of the real guitar. So I know exact the color and wood grain on the guitar I am purchasing.
- Free 2 year warrenty.
There are a ton of variables. This is just an outline.
There are a ton of things you can learn on Youtube. That’s great. That fits the category of most guitar players.
In my experience interacting live with an instructor has really fast tracked my progress. I will always continue to take lessons.
A majority of my clients can already play. They are looking for that something extra. As in how can you sound like that when you do it and I don’t. Interaction is what music is about anyway.
Remember, the chord you learn on the acoustic is the same one for electric!
Whatever kind of guitar you have. Try to listen to music that has guitar as the prominent instrument. Really listen to it. Over and over. Listen to all kinds of music. But now hone in on the guitar. I’m surprised how many students wanna play guitar because it looks cool. But the music they listen to has NO guitar! These students are asking for frustration!!!!!
if you are truly trying to improve you are always thirsty. Have an organized specific set of notes to ask your teacher.
Welcome to Bordas Guitar Instruction, your number one choice instructor in Irvine, CA and the surrounding area in Orange County, California. I provide a variety of services, including guitar lessons, bass lessons, adult guitar lessons and music instructions. I have the skill and experience necessary to serve as your full-service guitar teacher, offering the highest quality service and lessons in the Irvine area.
With 20 years of professional experience, Bordas Guitar Instruction offers respect, trust, dedication, integrity and devotion to exceeding the expectations of my clients. Whether it's lessons for beginners or advanced players. I will give you the help you need. I provide the customized lesson plan for each student so they can learn comfortably. I will personally work with you during the private guitar lessons to improve your guitar performance and make you the artist that you would like to be. I also offer acoustic guitar lessons, electric guitar lessons and bass guitar lessons for your convenience.
If you are interested in acquiring my service as a guitar instructor or if you would like to learn more about what I can do for you, go ahead and contact me at Bordas Guitar Instruction today for more information.
#GuitarInstructor #GuitarLessons #GuitarTeacher #GuitarClasses #BassGuitarLessons #AcousticGuitarLessons #ElectricGuitarLessons #PrivateGuitarLessons #BeginningGuitarLessons #AdvancedGuitarLessons #AdultGuitarLessons #MusicInstruction #MusicTeacher #ProfessionalGuitarist #Irvine #IrvineCA92606 #LocalGuitarTeacher #RhythmGuitar